Your search results

Tenant Information

Thinking of Renting?

If you find a property that suits your requirements, the next step is to telephone the office and fill out a tenants application form and ask to arrange a viewing.


Tenants Administration Fee

The fee is payable at the time of submitting the application.  This is used in order to hold the property from that point onwards, and covers the administration costs of preparing the tenancy documentation and costs of credit references.

If your applications fails or is withdrawn by yourself, the cost is non-refundable. So we ask you are honest about your credit history.

Our admin fee costs £295.00 and is inclusive of VAT. We do not charge a tenant renewal fee.


If you are a student, or unemployed you will require a guarantor. If you are working part-time or if your income falls short of the required figure, you may also need a guarantor.

Each guarantor will need to complete an application form and be referenced before a tenancy can be considered. The guarantor will also have to sign the deed of guarantee before the tenancy can proceed.

Your annual salary should be at least 30 times the monthly rent. For example a rent of £525pcm would require a minimum of £15,750 annual salary.



Please be aware that some properties may have certain restrictions such as:

  • Smokers
  • Pets
  • Housing Benefit
  • Students

Please ask at time of enquiry if any of these apply to the property you are considering.

*Please note; if pets are permitted, a deposit of £100 will be required. This fee will be refunded at time of vacation dependent on any damages caused by pet.


Advance Payment

An advanced payment equal to a month’s rent must be paid on the day the tenancy commences.



In order to pay your agreed monthly rent, you will also be asked to complete a direct debit/standing order mandate for the monthly rental payments. This will be payable each month in advance and will be collected on a set date as stated in the tenancy agreement. For joint or multiple tenancies, only one mandate can be accepted.


Tenants Content Insurance

As our properties are unfurnished, we recommend that you obtain your own personal contents insurance. The Landlord is not responsible for insuring any of your personal belongings.



At the start of the tenancy, SHARP Lettings will notify the gas, electric and water suppliers of a change in tenant and update the meter readings, so that everything is set up when you move in. We will also contact the council tax department.